Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I love being a Baby Momma


Timing never has been my strong suit… so there is no surprise that I’m a few days late posting about Motherhood. But, better late than not at all. 
 
I decided to list 10 out of a million reasons why I love being a momma:
 
  • After a long day there is nothing like “nuggles” from my babies
  • In the eyes of my children there are no better dancers, singers, or all around performers than their Momma (and you can’t argue with the kids… )
  • My refrigerator is never plain or boring… it has AMAZING pieces of their Art glittered all over the doors and sides
  • The way their faces light up on Friday afternoons when I tell them the next two days are ours to spend with each other.
  • Building blanket forts in the living room and extending them into the dining room.
  • Who doesn’t love a game of Candyland?
  • The daily laughs I get from listening to them converse… my kids are SO hilarious!
  • I imagine at some point there will be a reward for allowing my 5 year old to work for the US government….
  • All those math lessons I ignored in school…. I get a second chance by being instructed from my 8 year old how to apply fractions and what pi is.
  • They’ve taught me a new dimension of unconditional love…. They can wake me up every hour on the hour starting at 2 am, They can puke on me,  they can turn my freshly cleaned house upside down and I will still love them with all my heart 3- Ever and Ever!
Speaking of 3-Ever and Ever, I can go on listing all the wonderful wonders of Motherhood 3-Ever and ever….
 
Being a momma wasn’t on my list of things I wanted to accomplish by the time I turned 18, but it certainly is on the list for my proudest accomplishments. I am thankful for the opportunity I was given to be a momma no matter the age I started. The joy most definitely outweighs the frustrations. That’s not to say that at times I don't feel defeated and overwhelmed. The two boys I’ve been blessed with, though, have this magic ability to turn my frowns upside down (no matter how hard I try keep those frown in place). How can I possibly put into words the love and joy I feel when I hear their giggles and see their smiles? In short… I’m one lucky momma! 
 
I have so many amazing women in my life that need to be celebrated.
 
My own Momma.... for the example you gave me to take hold of my challenges and stare them straight in the eyes. I celebrate your strength.
 
My sisters... Jen and Britt you are beautiful mothers. The very proof of how amazing you two truly are lies in the sparkle of your children. The happiness is evident on their sparkling faces. I celebrate your beauty and the nurturing eminence you show your babies.
 
And to all Mothers.. You are caring, selfless, and loving. I celebrate you... 

2 comments:

  1. Kristal...You are Simply Amazing!!!! The way you write completely consumes me, it makes me feel like I am there with you and the boys. I can only wish that I am half the mom that you are to those two little boys, as hard as it is for you sometimes you have so much strengh to endure the trial and tribulations of motherhood. As well as celebrate all the wonderful moments and joys of motherhood. You never cease to amaze me big sis....I love you Baby Momma!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K I dont know how it made it look like you (Kristal) Posted this, But in fact it is your little sis (Brittnee) Who did.....So guess it just goes to show that I am a computer illiterate.

    ReplyDelete